Friday, March 13, 2009

Errgg

So the Darth Vader voice is no longer working. My Jedi mind tricks have failed. But Alas!! http://www.youtube.com/ to the rescue. Whats that you say Abigail...you want music with dinner. Why let me fire up the old laptop and see what we can find. Since we happen to be sitting at my desk/kitchen table it works out. What would you like to hear Miss A.

"I want Bum Bum" She says with a slight tone of glee. A crooked smile breaks over her face.

"Bum Bum it is" I say...5 seconds later and a quick search for Rhianna's Distrubia on YouTube and we are good to go. The woeful excuses for speakers in my laptop breaking out the latest beats from a chart topping artist. The song ends and we have two bites of food into Abigail who has been dancing and doing elaborate arm movements while pecking at her food.

'What now?" I ask hoping its anything but 'Bum Bum' again, so I can get the taste of that last song out of my head.

"Rock Star!!!" the young Miss A. squeals, waving her arms back in forth while chomping down a bite of keto pancake.

My soul screams for mercy, couldn't it have at least been the harmless melodies of Katy Perry? I can't disappoint Abigail as she reaches for the third to last bite of dinner. I type in 'Pink' and "so what' into the search engine of YouTube. Out spits 20 options of various forms and formats of the songs. I choose the shortest. Abigail once again rocks back and forth in her chair, her arms swinging wildly, two bites of pancake left. She sings along to the chorus..."So what!, Cause I'm a rockstar, and I still have my rock star moves!!!" Abigail really only gets the about every second word, so it came out more like "what, rockstar!, have rock moves!!!" with a mix of mumbling in between. The song ends with one bite left and Abigail's arms stretched over her head....she freezes at the last note and looks at me expectantly. Before I can even ask she blurts out....

"mmmbrlla"

OK that's not to bad...as long as I can find the remixed version with the Jay-Z intro we should be in good shape. I search for 'Rhianna' and 'Umbrella' and in the first three options find the version I want.

We close out dinner with me dancing Abigails now empty plate to the kitchen sink and her following close behind weaving her arms through the air and jumping up and down to the beat....where is a video camera when you need one.

Not a bad evening considering we were both in tears at lunch.

Now if I can only keep the damn lyrics from invading my already loosened sanity so I can sleep.......

2 comments:

Fawn said...

I am clearly even less "with it" than your three-year-old as none of those tunes are in the least familiar.

We succumbed to the evil YouTube at dinner method early on. Elmo's dad singing "Potty Time" is a current favourite of Jade's, but I can't recall if we've had that particular selection for a meal yet...

Meandering Michael said...

Yes, we have.