Thursday, February 25, 2010

really quick...I want to be a cyborg too.

I am so jealous. Abigail is one step closer to being a cyborg than I am. Better living through technology I always say. I want to be signed up for a memory impant.

Abgail did really well in the surgery and is recovering nicely. The only complication was some O2 saturation levels being to low. They kept her in the hospital an extra half a day to check that out. Everything turned out fine and they let us go home on Tuesday evening.

The surgeon said she had a good looking vagis nerve. Must be surgeon speak for everything was fine and we have nothing to worry about.

At this point we are scheduled to activate it on the 8th of March.

2 comments:

Fawn said...

Fingers crossed for you!!

Marie said...

I'm so slow to check out your updates. Oh, I so hope that this works for Abigail! I have heard some great success stories about the VNS.

We are at the 2:1 ratio of the ketogenic diet as well. Grace was loosing too much weight without the added protein and extra calories. She is finally putting on some weight but the seizures are returning more frequently. We don't know if it is medication level issues or with the less restrictive diet finally catching up with her.

Best Wishes!
Marie