Thursday, April 9, 2009

Geezz




Abigail did great at the appointment. She let them stick all the wires to her head and was quiet for the whole thing. And here I was thinking she was going to be a demon. They wanted her sleep deprived so they could see her brain activity while asleep are close to sleep. Abigail's type of Epilepsy occurs most often when she is tired or before and after going to sleep. And since the seizures make her tired its a bitch of a vicious cycle.

She even had a seizure for the test so they could have it on record. I have been through enough of these EEGs I can read the test in real time now. Right as she started her seizure I asked the tech to turn the monitor my way so I could watch. Sure enough the familiar pattern was present across all regions of her brain. I watched it taper off and saw some fairly normal EEG readings with mild blips here and there, not sure what regions the activity was in but there were occasional excessive activity. I am not an expert but it looked better than some of her past EEG's. Not great but not bad either.

I have some pictures of her being really cute while they were affixing all the wires but I am getting errors when I try and upload the images. I will try again later.

1 comment:

Malke said...

I'm glad things went well. I was thinking about you guys. Abigail looks very cute in her sleepy state! love to all!