Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sleep Deprived EEG

What wonderful genius thought this procedure up.

Keep the poor kid up 2 hours past their normal bedtime.
Wake the poor kid up 2 hours early.
Then hope they goto sleep while they adhere 30+ wires to their head.

Melinda has been up with Abigail since 4am and I will be with her at the EEG this morning.

The poor kid is trying to learn how to sleep while sitting upright or leaning against walls at this point. Last night she was practically begging to be allowed to go to sleep. There is some sort of perverse justice in denying her sleep and I am trying not to enjoy it to much.

I have a feeling the car ride to the hospital will involve her window open, music, and lots of "Hey You!! Wake Up!"

Anyways....were off to see the wizard.

2 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

They make you do two and two?! They only make us do one and one and I always get them to schedule the EEG for Jade's nap time, which usually works well. When she gets over-tired it's nearly impossible to get her to sleep.

Hope it all went well!

Anonymous said...

How did it go?!?!

Is the idea to see what the seizures look like when the kids are sleep-deprived, or just to get them to sleep during the EEG? (I don't know -- I've never asked!) If it's just to get them to sleep, I'm sure you can decide how much deprivation she really needs.