Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bad days, Demented Hamsters, and Butter

Today was a bad day for Abigail. Though Abigail only had two seizures for the whole day, she was just a cranky mess. Melinda and I took turns holding her as that was the only method that would consul her. It wasn't so much that she was hungry or tired but rather nothing made her happy all day. Not sure what the problem is but my guess would be that it has to do with blood sugar levels.

I can not imagine what it is like to be unable to eat any sugar or carbohydrates. Maybe I should go cold turkey on my daily caffeine intake? Ban all coffee, tea, and energy drinks so I can feel what she is feeling. Maybe that is just crazy talk......maybe its not a bad idea?

I took Shelby out to the movies today. I thought it would be good for her and I to do something that was just the two of us. We went to see Bolt in 3D, which I have to say was pretty cool, the 3d at least. I spent most of the movie placing the voices of the characters to other characters in other Disney Pixar movies. I have to say my favorite character was the demented hamster, his voice was done by the evil genius from the Incredibles. There was a line of at least 200 people at the theater and I was worried for about 2 seconds before I realized the self serve ticket machines did not have a line. Shelby and I walked right up, bought our tickets and went right in to load up on popcorn and soft drinks. I don't understand why people don't use those machines to by pass the lines but I hope they don't figure it out anytime soon. Shelby and I had a great time. In return Melinda gets to disappear for the evening, I hope she is having fun. Her idea of "fun" is shopping at all the thrift stores in the area looking for the cutest possible outfits for her girls. A mega shopping spree only puts us back $25, and the girls do look pretty darn cute.

This was Abigail's dinner tonight. Cheese, Butter, Cream, Water, and Hot Dog. The crayons were for coloring however I have been tempted to see if there is any nutritional info anywhere for those things? Considering the amount of time they spend in her mouth. The trick with the butter is to put a piece of hot dog on the fork first and top it with butter, then hand her the fork and she does not notice it. Every time I watch her eat the butter I remember the story I have been hearing on and off again over the years about my father eating sticks of butter while working in the family grocery store, in Chicago back in the 1930's and 40's.





mmmmmm...butter.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Jade eats her butter "straight up" -- she loves it! It helps her get her veggies down, too, when she's not in the mood for those.

We don't have any kind of cable service; we're not big TV watchers. But after we got home from diet initiation, we spent a LOT of time on the couch with Jade on our laps and a DVD on the TV. Some days, it seemed all she could handle.

Abigail is adorable!