Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh man she is cute.


Abigail has started to take more of an interest in dress up and costuming! She got a hold of my running hat in the picture to the left...its was just so darn cute that I managed not to think about when the last time was that I washed that hat!

Abigail is doing really well, she continues to explore the world around her. She is interested in everything and everyone and listens to you. Her ability to follow direction is amazing.

Melinda's Mom Terri took Abigail and Shelby for a few hours yesterday, allowing us to go have a child free lunch and shopping time. It was very nice and we really appreciated it. Terri and Jim both commented on the difference in Abigail yesterday. The were impressed by how attentive and calm she was, as well as her ability to focus on what ever she would be playing with.

The biggest issue we are having right now is getting her to eat solid food. She really likes the shakes, so I guess as long as the ratio is right and she is getting what she needs then we will go with it for now. She is also not sleeping well, we are not sure what is going on, but she wakes up several times a night very upset and not willing to go back to sleep. We don't think its a seizure but she is clearly either not feeling well or is having bad dreams, I hope it smooths out soon.

Its been a crazy two weeks and I think things are starting to level out a little bit. We are adjusting her meal cycle to breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. We feel this will work out well with snack times at her two schools. We really want her to stay social with her friends and taking her away at snack time would really affect that.

Abigail gets to go back to her Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning preschool tomorrow and I am excited to see how she does. Her snack will be 6g's of the fried cheese and 41g's of whipping cream. Its a pretty decent portion so I think she will be OK.

I could be biased...but she is really cute.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

I am so happy to hear about Abigail's dramatic improvements since starting the diet! It's so heart-warming to see stories like hers.

I, too, hope her sleep issues smooth out soon. Jade's still having some, but she's doing much better than before. I guess it might be a side-effect of the diet, after all.

As for being cute. You may well be biased, but I totally agree with you. :)