Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peek a Boo

I feel like we are playing peek a boo with these seizures. I know she still has them but they are not like they were before.

Is it a seizure? Is it not a seizure? The head jerk and upper body sagging that we used to see is gone but there are times where she is clearly having what I would have to call an "episode", her breathing falls into line of what it used to be when she had a seizure before the diet, she wrings her hands, and looks confused. No head nod or other tells. She is fine in about 2 minutes and carries on like nothing happens. This only happens once or twice a day. Heck, I get confused and wring my hands at least once a day too, the sobbing and rocking in a fetal position maybe every other day.

Everyday Abigail continues to improve and has started gaining ground on some of her developmental delays. She speaks in complete sentences, plays with her sister and by herself, and is more curious about the world around her. She apparently has decided that nap time is for the weak, which makes me sad, because it was always a good excuse for me to take a nap as well.

Words of the day are "Fried Cheese" made by the Specialty Cheese Company, look it up and buy some. This stuff rocks! I am glad it comes in little packets other wise I would be eating it by the pound and there would be none left for Abigail! Its high in protein and fat; and it eats like a nice crunchy chip. 12g's of this wondrous cheese and 44g's of cream make for a nice 10:30 or 2:30 lunch for Abigail.

We are also modifying recipes so that all the food she can feed herself, her blossoming independence conflicts with us spreading butter or cream cheese on each bite of food.

No comments: